Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jester In Name Only

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Maya Oracle ~ Ahaule

This unknown symbol was found on objects worn only by nobility and kings. It derives the modernish name  jester from it's three pronged hat and is thought to indicate benevolent power.

I'm reminded by this card to wonder if there ever was or is or could be, such a person. Because with the trappings of power come decisions, in which the few are always sacrificed for the all. Staff gets cut, point men are missioned, benefits are denied, the weak get disenfranchised. Hard decisions seem to be the point of power and I wonder that anyone applies for the job and the fact they are rabid for it sends up the red flags. "Just doing my job" doesn't cut it for me.

"The benevolent despot who sees himself as a shepherd of the people still demands from others the submissiveness of sheep."  ~ Eric Hoffer 1902-1983

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn