Saturday, April 28, 2012

Embers and Ash

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Maya Oracle ~ Iq Icatz

I chose this card, rather than fan with the backs up and draw at random which is my normal method. It was on the top when I picked up the deck and seemed to cry out to me; I both have and need new fire. I need the kindling, the spark, the smoke, the flame. And to see and feel the ash. And to fire up again.

I'm reminded by this card to remember to cut myself some slack. "It's My Life!" I shout to myself. "It is just life", "there is more tomorrow" I shout back. I can't do and be everything to everybody, yes I know that. But I can't seem to understand I can't be and do everything for me either. Sometimes I need help. Sometimes I need to see the embers and ash, to know starting each day fresh is a good thing.

"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot." ~ attributed to Jack London 1876-1916

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn