Monday, April 9, 2012

Wishful Thinking

Daily Draw: Victorian Flower Oracle ~ Pansy

She looks fragile, but look at which flowers are on offer first at plant nurserys. Pansys and Primroses. I've had some in pots for two months, they've been snowed on and frozen and rain rain rain, and they are still bright and lively and full of new buds. They are tough.

Nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking either, just don't encourage the "I'm so delicate and frail, won't you please do it for me" personality. From wishes can come the positive step of small actions, which lead to larger wish fulfilling actions. Which leads to a stronger independent capable life. That is what I wish for my sisters who think they are frail and hesitant. Empowerment. Via baby steps.

"Many of us spend half our time wishing for things we could have if we didn't spend half our time wishing." ~ Alexander Woollcott 1887-1943 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn