Thursday, July 6, 2017

Gated

Daily Draw: Animals Divine Tarot ~ Justice

Are we making the choices that will allow us to live a luminous life?

There were 101 shootings in one city in America this week. And the week isn't over. I have zero ideas, but Judgement and Justice obviously have no solutions either.

I'm reminded by this card of the early science fiction/end of the world books that scared me so badly. Basically that world is here, where the inner cities are left to sort out their own problems and everyone else runs away to gated communities.

8 comments:

  1. If Allow myself to think about those things, I might become a prepper :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. expensive and takes a LOT of space. Space I'm not willing to give up.

      Delete
    2. and depends on a ongoing specific mindset. I'm not going there. Too depressing.

      Delete
  2. So much is out of balance these days and the notion of damn the consequences is going to catch up and there will be no hiding anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my neighbor is a prepper or Mormon, maybe both. They have acres of food stored. My theory is no matter how much you have, before long someone will be along to take it. Not defeatist, but practical

      Delete
    2. I feel the same way and if the World is going to end why prolong it with extra food. Now I might stock on toilet paper, some things you just have to keep a hold on till the very end.

      Delete
    3. I forgot that, you said that once before. Practical. I probably said it before but paper goods from Costco is Rob's stash of choice. When I was growing up we had several relatives and a friend who still had outhouses. And I remember the catalogs were actually provided.

      Delete
  3. I think we've got to look below the symptoms to find the roots of suffering. There will be no easy solutions. As Parker Palmer stated, violence comes when suffering is ignored.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn