Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Just Wondering

Daily Draw: Tarocco Piemontese ~ Knight of Coins

Ready to go forward with talent and experience.

I'm reminded by this card to wonder just how many people go forward based on their first paycheck job? Danny started as a grocery box boy, worked up to produce manager, and on to store manager, where he retired, from the same store that provided his first paycheck.

I moved from coffee shop waitress at that same store, to a more upscale restaurant, to a really nice Armenian restaurant when we moved to Portland, then to one owned by Lebanese.  I thought working for both families as pretty exotic. I wonder if I'd even apply today. Is my mind permanently bent from world news?

3 comments:

  1. Life used to be easier when we knew less

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have we been permanently shaped by world news? The news has made me shape different masks to wear when dealing with the public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere along the line, I started chasing a paycheck rather than a passion. Now, I seem to be reversing that...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn